Got the brand new Samsung Galaxy S8 phone? Then it’s time to root it with CF Auto Root. Here is step by step guide on How to Root Galaxy S8 different variants with CF Root for Android.
Chainfire has released CF-Auto-Root tool with support for the latest Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. Exciting news for the Samsung users is Chainfire’s auto rooting utility now supports all Samsung latest smartphones.
As CF-Auto-Root is not firmware dependent tool, you can use this tutorial to root Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+ running on Nougat or any future firmware updates too.
Rooting Galaxy S8 on Nougat allows users system access on their device by giving capabilities to modify and customize a lot of functions in the smartphone.
Root Galaxy S8 Nougat
Before you proceed to root Galaxy S8, please check these prerequisites carefully.
- Download and install latest USB Drivers for Galaxy S8 or S8+ on your computer.
- Make sure to backup important things on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings –> Device Information –> Software Info and tap several times on Build Number until you see “Developer options enabled”.
- Go to Settings and you will see a new menu called Developer Options. Go to Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock from the menu.
- Also, enable USB Debugging option under the Developer Options menu.
- Make sure your Galaxy S8 has more than 70% battery percentage.
Check and confirm your Galaxy S8 model number first; go to Settings –> Device Information and scroll down to Model Number. The CF-Auto-Root supports following models.
Keep in mind that if your device has a custom flash counter, rooting with CF Auto Root will trigger it and it may cause to void your warranty. Read all the warnings from Chainfire first.
How to Root Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ with CF Auto Root
Download and install Samsung Odin from here; Download and extract right CF Root package for your Galaxy S8 model number.
Steps to root Galaxy S8 with CF-Auto-Root
- Extract Odin and install it on your computer.
- Extract downloaded Auto Root package and make sure there is .tar.md5 file in it.
- Switch your S8 off and put it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Bixby button + Power Button simultaneously until you see the construction Android logo. Then press Volume Up key to confirm.
- Now open Odin and connect your phone to your PC while it is in Download Mode. If your Galaxy S8 connected successfully, you will see a message in Odin saying Added!! and ID:COM box will highlight yellow [If you can’t see it turns yellow, try another USB port on your computer. If it doesn’t help either, then try re-installing device drivers].
- In Odin software, click AP / PDA button and select extracted .tar.md5 earlier.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected in the Odin and click Start button to begin root process.
- When the root process completed successfully you will see ID:COM box will turn green with a message saying PASS. If not you will get a message saying FAILED with red color ID:COM box.
- Once your phone automatically reboots into the Recovery Mode and install necessary files, it will again reboot and you will see the home screen. Do nothing during this process until you see the home screen.
- Now you can disconnect your Galaxy S8 and check the root access by downloading Root Checker app on Google Play Store.
Note: Flashing wrong CF-Auto-Root file may cause Hard Brick your phone. Please do all above steps at your own risk. We don’t hold any responsibilities for any damage.